i wasn't out last night. i had the chance to catch up on mr. sleep. 7hrs straight of sleep is really sleep! reason why i'm up this early. it's a chilly saturday morning here in my room, i'm waiting for breakfast, i'm listening to Johnoy Danao. who's that boy? well, i got introduced to his music through mo twister's morning radio show. they guested him a few times and ever since i've been looking forward to any guesting or gig that he has. by the power of twitter and forwarded text messages, i found out that he will be playing in cebu. i wasted no time, texted three friends (gl, gen and tuna) that are all music aficionados, poof, got their "yes"-answers and reserved the tickets. yay! and i'm kaduper excited to attend his gig tonight at the taproom. one week of waiting is finally (almost) over. then up for the usual banaboos after, drinks + formo and we recently added "sikwate sessions" before calling it a night.
he is like the filipino version of Joshua Radin and Jack Johnson! =) all in one!
here are my favorite Johnoy Danao covers. enjoy. he is love.
---
a. Green Day's "When I Come Around"
No time to search the world around
Cause you know where I'll be found
When I come around
---Cause you know where I'll be found
When I come around
b. Buddy Holly's "Everyday"
Everyday it's a-gettin' closer
Goin' faster than a roller coaster
Love like yours will surely come my way
---Goin' faster than a roller coaster
Love like yours will surely come my way
c. Neon Tree's "Animal"
What are you waitin' for?
Take a bite of my heart tonight
---d. An original, "Ulan"
---
ENJOY!!! ikr? you can just endlessly fall in love with him =)
kymastrid
No comments:
Post a Comment