I never really offered or walked for the Sinulog procession because I wanted to. The past years I just had to fulfill a requirement for Nursing school. But this year was different. Well, I invited my friends, Jason, Bryan and his girlfriend Sarah to join me in the long route to the Basilica. Luckily, Gad also took the Saturday off to join the procession, which he did not finish! He had to exit somewhere in McDo because some things are more important to him... he's just lazy! Hehehe.
And because I really wanted to offer something to Sto. Nino, I proceeded without Gad. Duhhhh. Hmmm call it dangerous, I had a close encounter with lightning (lighting don't strike in the same place twice). It was like 5 meters away from me. Then it drizzled, then rained really hard. A transformer lighted up along the streets of Colon which caused the crowd to panic. A stampede running towards me knocked the hell out of me, imagine me calling out Bryan and Jason. The sidewalks of Manalili were flooded with filthy drainage water, possible to pass but ewww hello Leptospirosis... we were sort of stranded for some time. This caused me my very trusted ballet flats :(
But when the rain calmed down, we were able to move forward. We passed by the Basilica around 7pm, the "Sinulog" was being practiced. It was a one of a kind experience, people were already in the Sinulog plus Catholicism vibe. I guess that's the real essence of the whole celebration.
We offered our prayers of thanksgiving and intentions as we lighted those candles. Thank you!!!
Viva Senyor Sto. Nino!
kymastrid


No comments:
Post a Comment